Updated: Dec 28, 2021
This easy roasted tomato sauce recipe is the perfect way to preserve flavorful tomatoes into a versatile, delicious sauce.
The fact is that homemade pasta sauce is superior to any store-bought sauce. Not to mention how easy it is to make.
Carbs- 7.2 Protein- 1.6 Fats- 12.5
8-10 (600g) Roma or Medium Tomatoes
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (for drizzling)
¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil (divided)
1 Sweet Onion (chopped)
1 Yellow Bell Pepper (cut into small dices)
2 Carrots (cut into small dices)
1 ½ teaspoon Salt
2 Sprigs Fresh Rosemary (chopped)
1 teaspoon Fresh Oregano (chopped)
Pinch Red Chili Flakes
2 Cloves Garlic (minced)
½ Cup Water
2 Bay Leaves
1) Preheat oven to 150°C
2) Chop the tomatoes into halves and place them on a baking tray. Sprinkle tomatoes with salt and pepper and a little olive oil.
3) Roast the tomatoes in the preheated oven for 2 hours, until the tomatoes are soft and light brown.
4) Remove the tomatoes from the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes.
5) Put everything in a blender and blend until smooth. Set the crushed mixture aside.
6) Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
7) Add the vegetables and sauté for 5 minutes or until the onions are fragrant and golden.
8) Add the salt, rosemary, oregano and red pepper to the pan and sauté for another 5 minutes. The vegetables will start to caramelize slightly.
9) Add garlic and sauté for another minute.
10) Add water, bay leaf and roasted tomato sauce to the pan and simmer 20 minutes
11) Remove bay leaf and season with salt if necessary
12) Use fresh and store excess in fridge for up to a week & serve with Keto noodles or Keto pasta or whatever you like.
Looking For a Vegetarian Keto Diet Program ?
Are you looking for a weight loss program or keto diet plan which let you lose weight guaranteed, with lots of customized delicious and healthy food.
Lose Minimum 4kgs in 5 Weeks
The Only Weight-Loss Program With a Money-Back Guarantee